Haringey Local Safeguarding Children Board
Report child abuse and neglect
If you are worried about a child for any reason, contact the First Response Service on: 020 8489 4592 / 5652 / 5762.
If you are calling between 5pm and 9am weekdays or at the weekend, call the Emergency Out-of-Hours Duty Team on 020 8489 0000.
- If you or a child is in immediate danger you should always phone 999
for more information on how to report child abuse and neglect in Haringey, please see our what to do if you are worried about a child page.
10 March 2014
- Could you be a LSCB Lay Member?
The Haringey Safeguarding Children Board (HSCB) is looking for a volunteer Lay Member to join the LSCB.
10 October 2013
- Haringey Safeguarding Children Board is today, 10 October 2013, publishing a serious case review (SCR). To view the overview report and associated documents, including a statement from the Independent Chair, please visit the Serious Case Review page.
Haringey Safeguarding Updates
The new LADO Guidance (PDF, 1.56MB) is now available.
LADO stands for Local Authority Designated Officer, and the LADO guidance is a procedure for managing allegations of abuse against people who work with children.
It is different from a S47 Child Protection Investigation, and is designed to deal separately with the professional aspect of an allegation in a neutral and sensitive way.
This includes assessing the immediate and continued risk to children in the work setting, and identifying support for professionals against whom an allegation is made.
For more information, please visit the allegations against staff page.
Haringey LSCB Newsletters
- June / July Newsletter 2013 (PDF, 371KB)
- Jan / Feb Newsletter 2013 (PDF, 502KB)
- Nov / Dec Newsletter 2012 (PDF, 517KB)
- September Newsletter 2012 (PDF, 308KB)
- August Newsletter 2012 (PDF, 313KB)
- July Newsletter 2012 (PDF, 245KB)
- June Newsletter 2012 (PDF, 241KB)
Why not contribute to our Newsletter by writing an Inside Story feature, telling us about the nature of your role and how it relates to child protection and safeguarding work? For more details, see our Inside Story Guidelines (PDF, 112KB).